How to use Evorel®
Using the patches
- The patches need to be changed twice a week.
- Start a new pack of Evorel as soon as you finish one. Do not leave a break between packs.
Changing your patches
- You must change the patches twice a week to give your body a steady supply of hormones. There is enough hormone in each patch to last for several days
- Change your patch on the same two days every week. This will mean that one patch is on for three days and the next patch for four days
- For example, if you apply your first patch on a Monday, change it on Thursday and again on the following Monday. You can work out your two days from the following table, starting from the first day of use
Where to apply the patch
Stick the patch onto a hairless area of skin below the waist. Most women prefer to wear the patch on the thigh or bottom.
- Do not apply on or near the breasts
- Do not put it on top of cuts, spots or anywhere the skin is irritated
- Do not use cream, moisturiser or talc before applying the patch
- Do not apply the patch on the same area of skin twice in a row
- It can be worn under loose areas of clothing. Do not wear a patch under elasticated areas or a tight waistband
- Apply the patch to clean, dry, cool skin as soon as you open the protective pouch