- Evorel® 50 is an oestrogen-only HRT patch applied to the skin twice weekly
- Evorel® 50 should not be applied on or near the breasts
- Start with one Evorel 50 patch
- Maximum dose: 100 micrograms of estradiol/24h two Evorel 50 patches
Intact uterus or Hysterectomised women + endometriosis:
Add progestogen approved for addition to oestrogen treatment E.g. oral norethisterone, 1 mg/day or medroxyprogesterone acetate, 2.5 mg/day for at least 12–14 days every month/28 day cycle. Cyclic or continuous sequential.
Hysterectomised Women: Not recommended to add progestogen
- Hormone replacement therapy (HRT) for oestrogen deficiency symptoms in postmenopausal women.
- Prevention of osteoporosis in postmenopausal women at high risk of future fractures who are intolerant of, or contraindicated for, other medicinal products approved for the prevention of osteoporosis.
In clinical trials relief of menopausal symptoms was achieved during the first few weeks of treatment.
Prevention of Osteoporosis :
In a clinical trial of two years duration comparing Evorel 50 to placebo, the increase in lumbar spine bone mineral density (BMD) with Evorel 50 was 4.46 ± 4.04 % (mean±SD). The percentage of women who maintained or gained BMD in the lumbar spine with Evorel 50 was 84%
Evorel also had an effect on hip BMD. The increase in BMD in the femoral neck with Evorel 50 was 1.26 ± 2.86 %. The percentage of women maintaining or gaining BMD in the femoral neck was 65 %.
In the total hip, the increase in BMD was 2.17 ± 2.33 % with Evorel 50. The percentage of women maintaining or gaining BMD in the total hip was 93 %, respectively
- Evorel 50 Summary of Product Characteristics available on medicines.ie
50 micrograms per 24 hours transdermal patch